If you’ve been driving around in Boca Raton, chances are you’ve seen some billboards advertising companies that buy houses.
Often times they say things like “We Buy Boca Raton Houses!” or “Cash For Your House”.
Are These “We Buy Houses in Boca Raton Companies” Credible?
How do I know if the local house buying companies out there are honest and credible?
Determining the credibility and honesty of local house buying companies can be a challenging task, as they may appear similar at first glance. However, there are several factors to consider before choosing to work with a particular company.
Buying and selling houses can be a respectable profession that benefits both communities and property sellers. Unfortunately, as with any industry, there may be a minority of house buyers who tarnish the reputation of the profession.
While some buyers operate with honesty and integrity, working to improve their neighborhoods one property at a time, others prioritize financial gain over the well-being of their clients. These unscrupulous buyers are willing to sign contracts to sell their own grandmother with one hand, while backstabbing their clients with the other – as long as they stand to make enough money.
To avoid working with such shady house buyers, it is important to identify and work with ethical, reputable, and reliable local companies that can provide fair all-cash offers and close on your schedule.
While it is necessary to be aware of the potential for deceitful buyers, it is also important to focus on the positive aspects of working with reputable house flippers. In the following sections, we will discuss what the best house flippers do to ensure a successful and ethical business
Here is another little dirty secret…most people won’t tell you…
Not all “We Buy House” companies actually buy houses. I know, I know that sounds crazy, but here’s the deal. Some companies just don’t’ have the capital or experience to actually buy your house. What they are actually doing is putting a contract on your house (with no intent of actually buying it) and they “shop” your house around to “actual buyers” and hope they can assign the contract to them and make a profit.
Hmmm… Is there anything wrong with this strategy?
Well it depends, if they know what they are doing and actually have a strong network of buyers, sometimes it isn’t so bad. It get ugly when they are inexperienced, don’t have a real network of “real” buyers and in turn they just waste your time.
To be safe, it’s always best to work with a Company that actually has the ability to close on your house, and is not solely relying on “assigning” their contact to a real buyer.
(SSSHH.. please don’t anyone tell anyone I told you about this…)
BTW FL House Buyers is a real buyer and actually has the ability to close on your home.
What Reputable Florida House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping folks improve their lives by accessing the money they needright away. People often need the cash in their house to cover unexpected medical expenses, or to relocate to be close to a relative. We can make that happen in just a few days, and we deliver peace of mind.
- Helping sellers get rid of a burdensome property without the hassle of having to list it with a broker and wait months and month for a sale.
- Creating local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators and many other folks along the way. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for people around Boca Raton FL.
- Buying US products. We spend tons of money on materials that are made right here in the USA – that creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The US economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investment from folks like us.
- Increasing the value of Florida neighborhoods. When we improve a house, we’re helping to increase the value of the entire community. We often repair abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families. That activity strengthens Florida .
- Increasing the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
Pretty cool stuff, right?
Lots of people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. That’s fueled by silly “reality” shows that amp up the drama because the reality of what we do on a daily basis is actually pretty boring.
Most of our work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are happening on time. We have to keep track of lots of moving parts.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer
When you talk with a local house buyer to potentially buy your house… ask them some of the questions below to ensure they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for tell tale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company… be leery. Most reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place… like a title company. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most reputable house buying services will make you and offer and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason reputable house buying services like ours at FL House Buyers do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area, also… we buy multiple houses a month and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your house is ready and we’ll reserve that cash for several days so if you do want to sell your house, we can close on your schedule. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview.
Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
True investors who run honest and ethical Florida house buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses in Boca Raton companies“… never be afraid to ask questions!
Give us a call anytime at (561) 286-4755 or
fill out the form on this website today! >>